The Theme for all movies is the New Zealand Curriculum Vision Statement: for our young people to be ‘confident, connected, actively involved, life-long learners’.
There is a maximum entry of 1 movie per class.
Movies submitted will:
- be created with a wide audience in mind (including children) - G rated.
- have a strict time limit of max 3 mins - shorter is preferable. Don't pad your movie out to make it 3mins
- contain no titles and no credits. These will be covered in the introduction.
- be filmed in landscape mode, suitable for the widescreen.
- have been filmed using a tripod.
- have audio that has been listened to and checked on a speaker system (not on a computer).
- follow the naming procedure as outlined on the submission form i.e. Movie ID - Schoolacronym_teachersurname_word from title of movie, e.g. SPX_Burt_FarmVisit
- uploaded to the specified shared folder in the Google Drive (Google formatting will be off during the upload).
- not be released in any form prior to the Film Festival.
- shared on a blog post after the Film Festival - sharing on blogs. All credits for music, camera, art etc, to be included on the blog post.